Monday, November 23, 2009

A Heart of Thanksgiving

As we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday, I wanted to share with you a letter that I just received from a 2007 Mercy graduate named Lindsay, along with a $1,000 donation to Mercy. We were so overwhelmed by her generosity and always love it when former Mercy residents give back. I hope her encouraging words bless you as much as they blessed me…
Dear Mercy,

I’m so glad I am finally able to give you something in return for all that you gave to me. You loved me even when I did not love myself. You gave me a peaceful home to stay in and provided delicious food for me to eat. You did not think of yourself when you gave all you had – you thought of me. When I was at the bottom of the pit, you reached your hand out towards me and brought me to the light. You showed me that the darkness I called life was only lies. While I was in your care, I was able to seek the truth. Because you showed me love, I can now hope. Because you led me towards the One who saves, I now know freedom.

Thank you for loving, thank you for giving, and thank you for all you have done for me!!

With much love and gratitude,

Lindsay
I want to encourage you as you prepare for Thanksgiving this week to take the time to reflect on all that you have to be thankful for, and also to express your gratitude to those around you. I hope everyone has a great week!

0 comments: