Friday, March 27, 2009

Support Comes from the Coolest Places!

I just received this letter in the mail from a young girl, along with a $60 contribution to Mercy Ministries. I thought it was too cool not to share…
Dear Mercy Ministries of America,

Last month my family and I participated in a home-school craft sale. We chose to give one half of our profits to Mercy Ministries. While we were there a lady approached me and asked for more information about Mercy Ministries. After I finished telling her about Mercy Ministries of America her face just seemed to light up and she looked at me and said, “I have a close friend that has a daughter who is going through some really tough times and this might be just the thing for her!” After that she said goodbye and left.

I was so excited that God used all of you at Mercy Ministries through me! I am also glad that Mercy Ministries can reach so many hurting girls like this one. I have also enclosed one half of our proceeds and a little extra too. I know that God will use this money and put it where it needs to go! Thank you so much and God bless all of you tremendously!

God Bless,
Kathryn


We never cease to be amazed at how God provides and how He uses Mercy Ministries to touch hearts and change lives. We call it the ripple effect. As young women’s lives are transformed by the love and power of Jesus Christ, they go on to impact their families, friends, and communities. This young girl, Kathryn, was eager to be a mouthpiece for Mercy and in doing so, she offered hope to another girl in desperate need of freedom. It is so exciting to watch God work through His people in so many different ways.

I also hope this encourages you as much as it did me. Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Michelle :) said...

SO awesome! God is such a big, gracious, loving God!