Monday, December 20, 2010

From Darkness To Light…

I wanted to share with you an amazing email that I just received from one of our 2008 graduates, Jennifer. As Christmas draws near, I hope Jennifer’s email encourages you to remember that God has a plan and purpose for your life, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11)…

Dear Nancy,

I am a graduate of Mercy for 2 years now. I wanted to let you know where I am in life and how much it has changed. I came to Mercy with an eating disorder and addiction to alcohol. I was at the cutoff date for age; I turned 29 while I was there. I was older and more "stuck" in my ways, but through Mercy I realized that my ways were not His ways. I was not supposed to hurt like I did. God did not have this life of pain and disappointment set up for me. I know now
that God’s ways and God’s love had a different life for me. I am now married to the most wonderful man and we have a beautiful daughter, Selah Anne who is 16 weeks old. We just bought our first home and we have a little terrier. I was not allowed to dream of this life, but God has blessed me with the reality of His love. Here is a picture of our family. Thank you for listening to the Lord and helping young women break free from the darkness that we were so used to.

Love,


Jennifer



I never get tired of hearing from Mercy graduates and seeing all that God is doing in their lives! Just want to give a special shout-out to Jennifer – we are so proud of you!!!

0 comments: