Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Husband Of Mercy Graduate Gives Back

Sometimes people do not understand the ripple effect that takes place when a girl comes into Mercy. Their time in the program not only affects their lives, but the lives of their family members, friends, and even future spouses. 2007 graduate, Krista, came to Mercy with a severe eating disorder. I recently received the coolest letter that totally blew me away from Krista’s husband, Brian, along with a very generous financial gift that Brian had been asking God to provide so that he could give to Mercy as a thank you. With their permission, I wanted to share a portion of the letter with you to show you exactly what I am talking about:

As 2010 draws to a close, I find myself reflecting on the tremendous changes and blessings that have rocked my world in the past two years. Last year, I met my best friend and fell completely in love. Her name is Krista, and she is a Mercy graduate. Krista is a woman of faith, integrity, honor, passion, adventure, creativity, love, energy and so much more! The fact that you took the time to see all of that in her means so much to ME. It is obvious how deeply you love the girls and show them the mercy, grace and restoring power of God. Krista has taught me so much about God in the way she lives every day of her life. She has a deep and abiding passion for the Lord and loves others for who they are no matter what (me included). In all of this I am immensely grateful to Mercy Ministries. We are now husband and wife on a life-long journey filled with the mercy and grace of God!

I know Krista has always given back to Mercy with her time and finances, and now, as a couple, we want to start giving back to you together. We love you and I personally owe you a deep debt of gratitude for the life you have impacted. Now you are impacting mine every day through Krista!

Your Brother in Christ,


Brian


Special shout out to Brian and Krista – thank you for allowing me to share your joy with others! Also, a big THANK YOU to our Mercy supporters who give to make changed lives possible!

0 comments: