Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mercy Graduate Thanks Supporters…

I always get so excited when I receive a college graduation announcement from one of our Mercy graduates. It means so much to see how they are moving forward to be successful in all areas of their lives.

I recently received yet another graduation announcement from a young woman who graduated in 2008 from our St. Louis home. After graduating from Mercy, Laura just graduated from Lenoir-Rhyne University with a degree in Psychology in December. However, the thing that blessed me the most about Laura’s announcement is the personal note she wrote to me that came with it. With Laura’s permission, I wanted to share her note of appreciation to not just me, but to all of you who support Mercy both prayerfully and financially…

Dear Nancy,

I wanted to send you my graduation announcement, along with a huge thank you! I graduated from Mercy in St. Louis in November 2008, and I’m so thankful for my freedom in Christ. I will be starting graduate school in January, pursuing a degree in Counseling. My hope is to reach other young women and help them, as the ladies at Mercy did for me. Thank you, Nancy, for following God’s plan and starting Mercy. I know so many lives have been touched by Mercy – not just the girls that go, but their friends, families, churches, and so on. Mercy has such a special place in my heart and I will remain forever grateful to you, and everyone who supports Mercy, prayerfully and financially. You’ve helped make a way for so many people to experience hope and life like never before. Thank you.

Love,

Laura


I am so proud of you, Laura!!! Special thanks to all of our supporters who give so generously and sow into the lives of the young women we serve – you are truly making a difference!

0 comments: