Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Many Faces of Jude...

It’s been over 12 years since I picked up my eight-week-old puppy named Jude. Little did I know way back then that he would play such a major role in my life as well as the culture and lives of the girls who come through our Nashville Mercy program. We’re coming up on Halloween, and for the very first time, Jude’s face has landed on a carved pumpkin!!! One of our staff members, who is obviously loaded with talent, took it upon herself to have a little fun with the girls and carve Jude’s face on a pumpkin. I thought you guys might want to see it…


Some of the girls wanted to get in on the action so they posed with the “Jude-faced” pumpkin…


To give you an idea of the many faces Jude has, let me just say that he finds a way to get in on everything at Mercy. He’s with us when we’re pulling for the Titans to win on Sundays…


He’s with us when we’re just sitting around reading the Word and drinking coffee…


He even helps out when we’re short staffed on driving girls to the doctor and dropping me off at the airport…


And last but not least, he is now co-hosting my new one hour long radio show…


Hope you have thoroughly enjoyed getting an inside look at the life of Jude, and the many roles that he plays in this ministry!!!

Have a great weekend,

Nancy

4 comments:

Ali Davis said...

Aww, I love Jude! He's such a good sport, and I enjoyed meeting him when I was in Nashville! I love the pumpkin Jude! I did a pumpkin carving this year (my first time), and it was fun! Jude's replica is awesome! That's some serious talent!

I love how the Mercy homes have shelties. They definitely helped during my time there. Being a dog mom was valuable in learning to care for myself, and learning to care for others.

Bless you, Nancy! Love ya!

Lori Scheetz said...

Nancy,

Just so you are aware- you are absolutely NOT allowed to come back to Springfield without Jude! I'll be his assistant! You know, show him around town, the best parks and places to hang out and shop. Plus, I live right by Starbucks so our walk there each morning won't take long. :)

Much love- miss you so much!!!

Lori

~Lisa, Scot, & Tim said...

luv luv luv it:-)!!!!

Kristin Stegent said...

Love the pumpkin...that's awesome! :)

Reading your blog makes me want to come to Nashville for a visit sometime soon!