Thursday, March 8, 2012

Greetings from Israel!!!

You may or may not know, but I am in Israel at the moment and so in awe of walking where Jesus walked and seeing the places where His ministry took place. It is literally like walking through the pages of the Bible. I cannot wait to get home and read the Word all over again with a totally different perspective!

The Sea of Galilee
I took this picture of the sunrise Tuesday morning over the Sea of Galilee looking out of my hotel room. This is the same sea where Jesus said “let us go to the other side,” during the storm and also where Peter walked on water. It is also the same sea where the Gadarene demoniac was delivered and the swine ran into the water. On Wednesday morning our group got on a boat and went out onto the Sea of Galilee to experience it for ourselves. Last week we saw the city of Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, the Jordan River, and so many other places in the Bible. Amazing, amazing, amazing!!! Hope you enjoy these photos – it’s really surreal being here!

Amazing view from Mount of Beatitudes
The very place where Paul shared his faith with
King Agrippa... I am in awe! Acts 26

2 comments:

Ali Davis said...

AWESOME!! My congregation hosts a trip to Israel every year. I haven't been able to go since I've been a member, but I've been praying that I'd be able to go this year. I hear so many amazing stories every year, and see so many incredible pictures! Your pictures are great, Nancy! Praying for you!

~Lisa, Scot, & Tim said...

How awesome! That is one of the places on our list of places to go and visit. I can't wait until the day we get to go there. I know it's an experience you will never forget.