Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mercy Graduate Now Licensed Clinical Social Worker!!!

I was thrilled to hear the great news that Nashville graduate, Kelly, just passed the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) exam! Before Mercy, Kelly struggled with an eating disorder and self-harm, and didn’t think she’d live long enough to see her dreams come true. With Kelly’s permission, I wanted to share her email with you. I hope it encourages you to never give up and reminds you that with God, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26)!


Hi Nancy!


I hope you are doing well. I have some great news and I wanted to share it with you because it wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the healing that I received while I was at Mercy. I took my LCSW exam today and PASSED! I had set a goal to get my LCSW by the time I turned 30, but had given up on that goal when my life got so out of control because I didn't think I would live long enough to see it fulfilled. But here I am at 28 with my LCSW and a great future ahead of me! Thank you so much for the love and support that you and all of the Mercy staff have given me to help me get to this point. I love you and miss you!

Kelly

I am so proud of you, Kelly! You definitely have a great future ahead of you!

1 comments:

Ali Davis said...

CONGRATULATIONS, KELLY!! Blessings on your new journey!