Friday, August 17, 2012

Ministry is Fun!

Last week I had the awesome privilege of speaking at Lakewood Church in Houston, pastored by Joel and Victoria Osteen. The Osteen family is very near and dear to my heart and I was excited to be asked to speak at their Wednesday night service! I have known the Osteen family for many years and consider them my “Texas family.” It was great to spend time with the entire family including Joel’s mom, Dodie, and sister, Lisa! It was also cool to have several Mercy graduates in attendance Wednesday night and know that the staff and residents from the four U.S. Mercy homes were watching online! If you want to check out the service from last Wednesday, you can watch it online here. If you want to read more about my time at Lakewood and see more pictures, check out the story posted on the Mercy Ministries website here.

Me and Pastor Joel Osteen at Lakewood Church
Me with some of the Mercy graduates who came
to see me speak at Lakewood

Today I am flying to Tulsa to spend the weekend with Pastors Bill and Sandy Scheer at Guts Church. Guts is celebrating 20 years of ministry this year and I am speaking at the Guts Girls’ SOLD OUT 20th Anniversary Birthday Brunch on Saturday morning, as well as at Guts Church’s two Sunday morning services at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM. If you live in or near the Tulsa area, come on out to one of the Sunday services. I hope to see you there!

0 comments: