Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

It never gets old hearing from former Mercy residents who contact me to express their gratitude for the help they received at Mercy and give glory to God for their transformed lives. I am always so excited because I fully believe that thankfulness moves the heart of God. I am often reminded of the story in Luke 17 where Jesus healed the ten with leprosy, yet only one returned to give thanks. It is so cool to see so many young women have a revelation of the importance of giving thanks. I thought I would share with you some of the recent posts on Twitter of girls who have gone through the Mercy program and are now returning to say thank you…

Allison on Tuesday, November 22
“Thinking on Thanksgiving, I can't help but be incredibly thankful for Nancy Alcorn. Nine years ago, I walked out of Mercy Ministries healed and whole. THANK YOU xx”

Heather on Sunday, November 20
“Nancy Alcorn, thank you so much for your willingness to be obedient to God's call on your life to help women. Mercy saved my life!”

Laura on Friday, November 18
“Hard to believe it's been three years since I graduated from Mercy Ministries! So thankful for Nancy Alcorn and Mercy St. Louis. God is good! “

Julia on Saturday, November 5
“Broken by physical and sexual abuse, years of drug addiction, cutting, an eating disorder, and suicide attempts, I found Jesus through Oasis LA and Mercy Ministries!”

As you celebrate Thanksgiving with your friends and family, I hope you will focus on the things you have to be thankful for, as well as the problems you have already faced and overcome. No matter what you may be facing today, just like our Mercy girls, there is nothing that you cannot overcome through the power of Christ who gives you strength. I hope you each have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Blessings,

Nancy

0 comments: