Friday, November 18, 2011

Reunion Weekend – Special Times on the Road!!!

I always love going to churches that support Mercy Ministries monthly so that I can personally thank them for their support and let them know that they are a part of every life that is transformed through our program. However, this past weekend had extra special significance for me. Pastors Tim and Alicia Gilligan of Meadowbrook Church made the decision over 15 years ago to start giving monthly to Mercy Ministries out of their church missions giving. They have been so faithful in their support, and have remained close friends of this ministry over the years. This past weekend marked the third time that I have spoken at this awesome church, and I was blown away for several different reasons. First of all, the church has exploded and has literally more than doubled in size since my last visit there. That always makes me happy to see my friends doing well in ministry and impacting their community with the message of Christ.

Because of the growth of the church, there are quite a few full time pastors on staff, and two of our Mercy graduates are now married to two of the staff pastors. I cannot even begin to tell you what that means to me, because I saw the shambles that their lives were in when they first walked through the doors of Mercy several years ago. I thought it would really bless you to see pictures of these two Mercy graduates with their families.


Mercy graduate Katie is actually married to Pastor Tim and Alicia’s son, Lee, and they have a beautiful son named Gavin. Lee is the graphic designer for the church and helps lead worship for the college ministry. It was such a joy to get my picture with them and to celebrate with them the happiness they are now experiencing in their lives. Here’s a picture of me with Katie and Lee and the other young woman, Maddy, who graduated from Mercy whose husband, Tim, is the youth pastor.


Hope you all have a great weekend!

0 comments: