Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Graduation Announcement!

I just received this amazing update from a graduate that I had to share with you. Jill came to Mercy in 2005 without a hope for her future after having been told she would never be able to finish college. She just celebrated her graduation from college and is doing great! Her email totally made my day, and I just wanted to share it with you…

Dear Nancy,

Before I came to Mercy, all of the experts told me that I would always be dependent on the mental health system and would never be able to finish college. Thank you so much for your faithfulness to what God has called you to do. It is because of Mercy that I was able to graduate from college on December 15, 2009. I graduated from Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul, Minnesota with a bachelors degree in psychology. I graduated with both academic and departmental (psychology) honors.

Love,

Jill
God is so good! If there is anything you are facing at the beginning of this new year, remember that with Christ all things are possible. 1 Corinthians 1:26-27 says, “Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.” We are rejoicing with Jill as she celebrates her graduation and know that God will continue to use her in great ways. I pray this encourages you to go after the things God has called you to and not let the things of this world hold you back!

0 comments: