Friday, June 25, 2010

Mercy Graduate Adds New Chapter to Her Life…Marriage!

“They told me I was too stupid to go to college,” but God had a different idea...”I am a pre-med student with a 3.7 GPA.” --Maddy

Maddy came to Mercy in 2008 struggling with an eating disorder and choosing to self-harm as a way to escape the pain of her past. While at Mercy, God totally healed Maddy and showed her how beautiful she truly is (pictured right)!

Since graduating from Mercy, Maddy has gone on to college and is really involved at her church leading a Bible study for high school girls. Maddy also met a wonderful guy, Tim, and they recently got married on June 12th! Below is the letter I received from Maddy along with a wedding invitation just weeks before they got married. I have received her permission to share this with you…
Nancy,

First of all, thank you for everything that you have done! Thank you for following God’s calling in your life. I know you get a million letters like this a day, so I will be short.

I was sexually molested when I was 10 years old and that started the 8 year downhill destruction of my life. I was also sexually involved with many guys and my life was full of drugs and alcohol. I had an eating disorder that landed me in a treatment center a couple times. The doctors told me I was a hopeless case and that I was just a waste of fresh air. They told me that I probably wouldn’t make it to age 20. Well I am 21 and more healthy than ever! I graduated Mercy Ministries November 6, 2008 and my life has changed. God showed me for the first time at Mercy that I was truly beautiful and that I am unique! I did not think that could even happen for me! As you can see, I am getting married in a few days to the most incredible man of God. I work as a Bible study leader for high school girls and I love it! I feel that if I got the chance to change, so can they. People told me that I was too stupid to go to college…well, I am pre-med with a 3.7 GPA and am getting ready to start nursing school. I now listen to what God says about me! Thanks to Mercy Ministries for showing me the love of God that I was blinded to.

Thank you, Nancy, for giving me a second chance at life. My life is now built on a solid foundation that I can stand on with God’s help. I cannot express the gratitude I have for Mercy Ministries. My fiancé loves me no matter what my past is. He is a youth pastor and never in a million years did I think I would be a pastor’s wife! Weird how God plans our life! Thank you! Thank you!!

Love always,

Maddy
When I hear stories like this, I can’t help but think about Isaiah 61:7 – “Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.” Maddy is definitely receiving the double portion! So happy for you, Maddy and Tim! Congratulations!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 comments: