Monday, August 30, 2010

Mercy Graduate Serves in Uganda…

It is always so exciting to be able to support former Mercy residents on mission trips to share the love of Christ and to see them help others because of what they have learned here at Mercy. I just received this awesome email from 2006 Mercy graduate, Emily, sharing about her mission trip to Uganda. It made my day! Wanted to share it with you…

Nancy,

I got home Sunday night from two weeks in Uganda and I didn't want to let too much time go by before sending you and all of the staff at Mercy a huge thank you for helping to make this trip possible! God is so faithful and I am in awe of the incredible work that He accomplished in me and through me on this trip. What I saw in Uganda was nothing short of a miracle. Women traveled for hours on buses to stay for a month in a common house in Nansanna, Uganda, which is just outside of Kampala. Classes were held daily to train these women in the Word of God. They were so excited to hear the truth of the Bible and to get to know God! I was so impressed by the depth of their faith.

Our church also has an orphanage in Nansanna called the Children of Grace. Most of the girls who live there are in their teens and we were able to spend a lot of time with them. We even took a group of them to the zoo, which they loved! Another thing we helped with was getting a room ready which will be the Grace Women's dorm so that women can come to Bible College in Nansanna.

God used this trip to wake me up and motivate me. He spoke to my heart about the importance of true intimacy with Him. I definitely left a portion of my heart in Uganda and can't wait to return!

Thank you again and God bless you!! I’ve also attached a few pictures from the trip.

Emily's smile is contagious!


Emily with some of the children of Uganda


Love,

Emily

I am so proud of you, Emily!

0 comments: