Thursday, June 30, 2011

Freedom Is Not Free... But It Is Priceless

Hi to all my Blogger Friends!

I just want to thank each and every one of you that follow me on my blog. When you run a ministry like this, the testimonies come in so fast, but so do the requests for help. Because of the time constraints on my schedule continue to increase, and because we are helping more and more people, I have made the decision to blog just once a week from this point on. My intention from this time forward will be to post the weekly blog on Thursday. Just wanted to give all of you a head’s up so you would understand why the sudden change from three times a week. However, I do encourage you to follow me on Twitter @nancyalcorn as well as @mercyministries. You can also keep up with me on Facebook here. We will also continue to update the Mercy Ministries web site regularly with more information – www.mercyministries.com.

I realize that we are preparing to celebrate our freedom as a citizen in the United States of America. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those in our military who have served in the past or are currently serving. My dad has been in Heaven for over ten years now, but he is one of those people who helped protect our country and our freedom. We need to pray for those that are in harm’s way and to express gratitude for the privilege of living in such a wonderful nation.

There is no way that I can ever think about freedom without also talking about the freedom that is available to all of us through Jesus Christ. Even recently when I went to preach in the prisons in Texas, the theme of the whole weekend was that you can be in prison, but prison does not have to be in you. The inmates were so receptive to that message because they want to live with peace that passes all understanding and enjoy all that Christ died to give them, even inside the prison walls. I was so amazed by the abundance of gratitude they showed by the simple gesture of us giving them one of our books filled with Mercy testimonies. I could not help but be convicted and think about how those of us who live in the “free world” take so much for granted and fail to be grateful for even the smallest things. I hope that you will join me in taking time to thank God for the freedom that we share because of what Christ has done for us.

In closing, thank you for your support because we are all about bringing freedom to people who have been held captive. Your support makes the way for freedom to be experienced – drug addicts, prostitutes, cutters, girls with eating disorders, victims of sex trafficking, the list goes on and on. Jesus Christ came to set the captives free, and your support makes a way for us to do just that. Thanks for all the thousands of lives that you have enabled us to bring this freedom to over the years, and thank you for all that you continue to do for us as we move ahead to continue with those who are still desperate for that freedom.

Praying for God’s protection over you this weekend and that you have a wonderful holiday!

0 comments: