Friday, June 12, 2009

Good News from Australian Graduate!!

I just got the coolest email from our very last graduate of the Sunshine Coast home in Australia before it closed back in February. Her name is Eloise, and she has kindly given me permission to share the words that she encouraged me with. It reminds me of the scripture in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV) - “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”

Nancy,

All I can do is thank you... constantly ... for what you have allowed God to use, create, advance, evolve and mold into such a life changing ministry (I’m forever going be grateful!!). I was the last graduate of the Sunshine Coast Mercy home in Australia--- without your ongoing support of what happens over here in Oz, that would have never happened and honestly, I wouldn’t be alive today! I had the pleasure of meeting with you just before our home closed and your words of encouragement really spurred me on in the hard times while I was walking it out. I have now been graduated for six months and have just passed my one year mark since entering the program and life is just sooo good. Two years ago, I didn’t even think I would live to see 18. Now I’m celebrating my 18th birthday and I am SO excited about the future. God is going to do great things through me. Thank you thank you thank you... for listening to Gods call and being such an inspiration to the generations of young women you have affected directly and indirectly.

xx Eloise
Sunny Coast QLD Aus Graduate 2008

For all those who are reading this blog today, I hope that you will take the time to look for the positive in every situation that you may be facing in your life. As human beings, I think all too often we tend to zero in on the negative, rather than doing what the Word says in Philippians 4:8 (NKJV): “Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”

Back to Eloise…I just want to say how proud I am of her and how much I appreciate her words of gratitude and encouragement. Eloise, we are cheering you on as you live your life to the fullest. Go for it girl, you can accomplish anything you set your heart to accomplish with God’s help!

0 comments: