Friday, September 11, 2009

Up Close and Personal with the New York Mets!

Hey everybody, I guess you know by now that Cassidy and Katelyn “hijacked” my blog on Wednesday and told everybody that I was yet another year older. I guess that happens to all of us at least once a year, right? If you are out there today and turning another year older soon, just learn not to sweat the small stuff. I don’t feel a bit different today than I did this time last week. I think age is a state of mind. At least that is what I tell myself at this stage, ha!

I had a great time with my friends in New York City, and thought I would share some of the highlights from the two Mets games I attended. First of all, I want to give a huge shout out to my friends Jerry and Renette Manuel. It was such an honor and such a joy to stay in their home and experience their amazing hospitality. Not only did my friend Heidi Stevens and I get to stay with Jerry and Renette, but we got to experience an inside look and a behind the scenes tour of the new facilities at Citi Field. Any of you who keep up with baseball would totally know that the Mets have been decimated this year with injuries. The personal friends of mine who were involved in Major League Baseball, have told me themselves that they have never seen a team that has been so beat up by injuries. I know that it’s been a disappointing season for the Mets, but I have every confidence that they will be back full force next year with an amazing championship run.

New York Mets manager Jerry Manuel takes time
during batting practice for a quick photo op.


Up close and personal with the team during batting practice


Sharon and Steve Kelly, Ranette Manuel, Heidi Stevens, and me!

I wanted to share with you some of the pictures from my trip. What a great time I had not only with Jerry and Renette Manuel, but also with fellow ministry leader Heidi Stevens and Pastors Steve and Sharon Kelly, of The Wave Church in Virginia. Even though Steve is Australian, he was actually born in Queens, NY and has been a Mets fan since he was a little boy. Speaking of a little boy, he felt like he was a little boy who was being given an amazing treat to be able to personally meet Jerry Manuel and some the players. We had a blast, and it was so fun being with such amazing people. At the end of the day, it
is all about great relationships, and these are some of the people that I definitely have great relationships with.

Hope you get to spend some time this weekend with people that you have great relationships with as well.

Love to All,

Nancy

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy, Glad you had a great time, especially on your BD. Know how you feel, just another day, they all run together. Great pics, it's just in your blood, the Sports Thing, I guess that's where Parker gets it from. We watched the game together last night, not a bad game even tho we didn't get the "W". They look good. Thanks for all you do for the hurting girls around the world, God Bless, Tom