Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yet Another Amazing Story…

Yet another amazing story of a girl who received help through our Mercy For issue-related books Cut and also Beyond Cut. I want you to hear her great story.
Hey Nancy,

My name is Emily, and as of the 30th of April 2009, I've been free from self-harm. I haven't been through the Mercy Ministries program, but you have played a huge part in my journey to quitting. My best friend's sister gave me Cut: Mercy for Self Harm, and for the first time, I realized that there is mercy for what I was doing to myself. I think I may have read it many times before I had to give it back, and I ordered it from the internet so I could read it again. What you wrote struck so many chords with me, and I began looking up Mercy Ministries on the internet, looked up how it all began, the testimonies of the girls who have gone through the program, etc. As I looked through, I had hope that I could become better, and be completely healed from self harm. One evening at my youth group, I had cut a few hours before, and I realized I didn't want to be like this the rest of my life. I broke down in tears and asked God to heal me, and pour his love over me. That night, I heard the phrase, "By His stripes we are healed," it was only later I found it in my Bible, in Isaiah 53:5. This year has been extremely difficult, yet for 3 months and 15 days, I haven't cut or had the urge to. The things that normally would have triggered me, haven't. One night when I couldn't sleep, I suddenly had the thought that somewhere out there, someone is self harming. I couldn't shake it off and it really, really got to me. I really want to do something, I want to reach out.

Emily, pictured right

Emily, pictured right

I really want to thank you, because if it wasn't for you, Mercy Ministries, the books you wrote (My best friend recently went to Rocknations and got me Beyond Cut, which I also loved), and the dream you had all those years ago, I don't know if I would have managed to stop cutting, I don't know if I would even be here, and that's the same for so many girls that you have helped throughout.

Thank you so much!!!

Emily
Once again, if you are suffering from this issue or any other issues, let me know by sending me an email at nancy.alcorn@mercyministries.com and I will send you a gift copy of whatever book you request if you include your mailing address.

Have a great night!!!

1 comments:

karieve hebbring said...

what a great story to encourage so many souls nancy. thank you so much for continuing to share the good word...the love and healing of JESUS CHRIST. i miss you and i wish i could see you again! i'm doing wonderful in phoenix, arizona nannying for my brother's 2 little ones, marlee ruth (4yrs)and daisy eve(now 4 months)...God has provided sooo sooo very well for me and my peace right now is out of this world...probably because it's from HEAVEN! thank you Jesus! i pray for you every time God brings you to mind nancy and believe me there isn't a moment that goes by where i don't think about mercy and what an amazing family in Christ is growing through the seeds you started sewing in the beginning and i just think about a corn field, nancy and how one little seed harvests trillions and trillions of seeds and so on and so on....jesus!we've got a corn field beyond our humanly sight growing! i love you! i pray we will come together again soon! love always, another mercy sister healing more and more everyday!praise jesus and the guidance of the Holy Spirit...and the patience and the understanding and forgiveness everyday of God! karieve hebbring, ambassador for Christ in phoenix, arizona at the moment...waiting patiently to return Home to our King in Heaven. i really really love you God!thank you for nancy and for all the hard work, time, sweat, and prayer mercy is putting in for the family of Christ. amen.