Monday, May 24, 2010

Awesome Weekend Speaking in Northern Ireland



Hey, I just wanted to touch base with everyone. I’m actually on my way back from speaking at a conference in Ballymena, Northern Ireland. At the moment, I am at the airport in Newark and I thought I would take a few minutes to share with you a few of the pictures and a couple of the highlights of my time there the past few days. The name of the conference was Emerge, and it was held at Green Pastures Church, one of the largest churches in Northern Ireland (www.gpastures.co.uk). Pastor Jeff and Lorraine Wright are doing such a great job leading this church, and the most amazing thing of all to me is that they founded this church only 3 years ago.



As far as the conference itself is concerned, one of the major highlights for me was connecting with my dear friend Bill Wilson who is the founder and leader of Metro Ministries in Brooklyn, NY.


I haven’t seen Bill in a long time, but I absolutely love what he does with his outreach to children. Check it out if you get a chance at www.metroministries.com.

Another really cool thing that happened while I was in Belfast is that I actually received a visit from one of our Nashville Mercy graduates from 2000. Lisa’s life was a mess when she came to Mercy almost 11 years ago, but today she is a vibrant and beautiful young woman who was once suicidal but now loves her life, her family and her ministry! Lisa is married to a wonderful man named Stephen and they are 2 of the staff leaders at the YWAM base in Belfast. They have been married for over 5 years and have 3 beautiful children. I actually got to meet their 5 month old whose name is Levi for the first time last night.

It is not only our great joy to see Lisa and Stephen doing so well in their family life and ministry, but it’s also our great joy to be one of their monthly financial sponsors in the missionary work they are doing. I thought you might enjoy this brief update. I will share more later in the week when we do an official web story.

Hope your weekend was as good as mine!

Nancy

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I always look forward to reading your blog updates. They are so inspirational and uplifting. God is unfathomably awesome!

Unknown said...

I was at the conference and I have to say, not having heard Nancy before, she's one of the most inspirational people I've ever heard. The woman has been through stuff, she knows what life and faith are about and when she tells you, you get it first time. Please come back to Ballymena again soon, Nancy and thank-you...