Monday, November 8, 2010

Great Weekend at The Rock of KC!!!


I had the great privilege this past weekend of visiting a wonderful church in Kansas City for the very first time. It was my great joy to be the guest speaker for The Rock’s annual women’s conference beginning on Friday night and continuing throughout the day on Saturday. The theme for this year’s conference was “Freedom in Every Season of Life.” It was a tremendous time of encouragement and a call to action for the women in the Kansas City area and beyond. What a great leader Pastor Susan O’Reilly is to the women that she serves. Not only is she gathering women to do great things for God, but she is also raising up the next generation of leaders. See Susan below pictured with two of the young champions she is raising up.


From left to right: My Executive Assistant, Katelyn, Conference Host, Pastor Susan O’Reilly, Me, Christie, and Ashley

Following the women’s conference on Friday and Saturday, I had the privilege of being the guest speaker at the 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM services on Sunday morning at The Rock, which was founded seven years ago by Pastors Phillip and Susan O’Reilly. I was so impressed by who these people are as solid leaders and believers who are doing a great work and having a huge impact in a very short period of time. I believe this is one of the key churches that God is raising up in America for such a time as this!

I want to give a big shout out to Pastors Phillip and Susan for the great job they are doing, and I thank God for these awesome new friends that He has put in my life!!! If you are ever in the Kansas City area, I strongly suggest that you check out this great church – www. rockofkc.com.


Nancy speaking during the women’s conference

Nancy speaking at the Sunday morning services

3 comments:

Eric Deeter said...

We loved having you here. I was in first service and wish you would have taken a few more minutes to speak. Some of us could have told you that Pastor Phillip pushes the time to the limit.

I'm hoping you had more time to develop your message in the second service. We'll get the podcast.

Thanks so much for coming to minister to us. May you be blessed.

Eric Deeter

Magic Brush said...

Nancy- it was our pleasure to have you in our service this weekend! You have the most amazing ability to speak to women in a way that just makes me want to hang on your every word. You completely convicted me about needing to get in the Word more and memorize more scripture. Thank you for that!!!!! I hope you'll return to The Rock. What a blessing you were to me and my guests and the entire church family. Bless you.

Have a blessed day! said...

I absolutely loved hearing you bring The Word this past weekend! I don't attend theRock and put this event on my calendar because I knew you would be speaking. I am SO glad I did. And I thought your books were amazing...hearing you in person is 100x more moving!

Praying for His work you are doing,
Jackie