Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mercy Graduate Impacts Next Generation

I just got a Facebook message with an update from one of our graduates from over two years ago who is now doing great things for God. I wanted you to be able to read it in her own words and see some of the pictures she sent regarding the update she gave in her awesome Facebook message to me.

Nancy,

I just wanted to tell you today (July 18) marks 2 years since I graduated from Mercy Nashville.

In those 2 years, I have accomplished a lot. I am living life! After returning home, I worked in a day care and graduated from high school. I have worked as a counselor at a Christian camp and ministered to many 1st-3rd graders. I've completed my first year of college and made the Dean's List. I've taught dance at two companies and choreographed & performed a dance to a song written by Mercy staff member, Faith Gilmore. I've begun as a volunteer leader for Wyldlife and I minister to middle schoolers - I will be going with them to camp next week! I've donated 13 inches of hair to Wigs for Kids. I've even been dating a great Christian guy for almost a year now (and I SWORE I would NEVER date!)

Life has not been perfect, but God has been SO good to me. He healed me while at Mercy, and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go there.

Thank you!

Carly

I can’t really add much to this powerful testimony. I’m just so very proud of Carly and wanted to give her a big shout out!!!

Love to all,
Nancy
Carly and her mom at Carly’s high school graduation

Carly with her boyfriend, Jonathan

Carly with some of the kids she counseled at summer camp

0 comments: