Friday, January 22, 2010

Graduate Touched By Mercy!

We recently received the coolest letter from a 2007 Nashville Mercy graduate along with a $1000 gift to the ministry. She was so overwhelmed with thankfulness for all God did in her life during her time at Mercy and all that He has continued to do that she wanted to give back. We wanted to share her heartfelt letter with you:

Dear Mercy,

I’m so glad I am finally able to give you something in return for all that you given to me. You loved me even when I did not love myself. You gave me a peaceful home to stay in and provided delicious food for me to eat. You did not think of yourself when you gave all you had, you thought of me. When I was at the bottom of the pit you reached your hand out towards me and brought me to the light. You showed me that the darkness I called life was only lies. While I was in your care I was able to seek the truth. Because you showed me love, I can now hope. Because you led me towards the One Who saves, I now know freedom.

Thank you for loving, thank you for giving, thank you for all you have done for me!!

With much love and gratitude,

Lindsay
Lindsay currently lives in Tacoma, WA and is in school studying International Public Health. She would eventually like to help improve the standard of living for people all over the world. I hope Lindsay’s story encourages you to reflect on all that God has done in your own life and all that you have to be thankful for.

Have an awesome weekend!!!

0 comments: