Monday, March 22, 2010

March Madness!

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend – we had the first official day of Spring and March Madness is upon us! If you’ve been following the NCAA Tournaments, I know there were a lot of upsets this weekend, however, March Madness has only just begun and anything can happen! I am actually getting to see some of the action in person! I’d love to hear who you’re going for - both on the men’s and women’s side - so leave a comment and let me know!

As excited as I get about tournament time, there is nothing more exciting than the miracle of a transformed heart and life! I never get tired of hearing from the young women who have come through the doors of Mercy, graduated, and gone on to start new lives. I love hearing of God’s redemption and how He wastes nothing. These brave girls come to Mercy, broken and bound, but willing to face their issues in hopes of finding lasting freedom. To see them leave healed, equipped, and ready to move forward into their destiny is so exciting.

When Pamela came to Mercy in 1996, she was pregnant with a little girl. After going through a process of determining what would be best for her, she decided to parent her child. That child, who she named Destiny, is now a very happy teenager. Pamela and her husband Kevin also have another little boy named Ethan. We were so excited to recently receive the following email from her.
Nancy,

It's been a while since I have written and just wanted to give you an update on my family. Kevin, the kids and I are all doing well. Destiny just turned 13 this past January. I can't believe it's been 13 years since I was at Mercy! I miss you guys and think of you often. I hope to come and visit soon. Ethan will be 3 in May and keeps me busy. I have recently taken a full-time position at our church childcare facility. I am still singing at church and am also working with our Worship and Arts Pastor as his assistant, and am assisting our Youth Pastor as well. Kevin and I volunteer every week at our Youth services. We run a cafe and feed the kids, and are there to minister/pray over the kids. I love that. I especially love ministering to the girls. I feel like I have a gift to speak into them. Anyway, I love my church and am so thankful that I can give back what has been poured into me each week. I'm so glad that I have had a good foundation to keep me focused and grounded. Love you! I've also attached a current picture of Destiny and Ethan, both growing up too fast!
I thought you might like to see this picture she sent of her beautiful daughter Destiny and her son Ethan.

I am so proud of Pamela, of the choice she made to come to Mercy almost 14 years ago, and of the choices she is continuing to make to serve God with all her heart.

0 comments: