Friday, March 12, 2010

Mercy Graduate Suzanne Now Director of Glenwood Tutoring Program in North Carolina!

When Suzanne came to Mercy in Monroe in 2007, she was bound by grief from the trauma of abuse, and was filled with hopelessness and depression. Through Mercy, God restored the life of this young woman and after 6 months, she graduated, set free and ready to move into her future! We recently received this awesome update from her.
This June will be my 3rd year anniversary from Mercy Ministries. :) Since graduating, I have returned to live and work in the Inner City of Greensboro, NC with the youth in the Glenwood Neighborhood. Currently I am the Director of the Glenwood Tutoring Program and of Glenwood Dance Ministry. Things are going well here and I am blessed daily to be a living witness of the power of our Savior Jesus Christ. It is definitely a battle against the evil one. I have had quite a few days these past months when I have seen that only through the grace of Jesus can we be free and minister freedom to the children here. In the hard times it has been a blessing to be reminded that I cannot rely on myself or my own strength, but must daily surrender to my Lord and through Him, continue to press on.

I will look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!

W/Joy,
Suzanne Mathis
I never get tired of seeing how God restores broken lives so that they can in turn go and help restore the lives of others. I thought you might like to see this picture Suzanne sent with one of the many students she teaches. We are so proud of her and excited to see what the Lord has in store for her future!

1 comments:

BranchPastor said...

Suzanne was amazing @ the Charlotte Business Luncheon!