Monday, September 20, 2010

Mercy Graduate Now A Doctor!!!

I didn’t know that when Bethany walked in the doors of Mercy in the Spring of 2005 that she would one day be a doctor, but even God knew the plans that He had for her, and a miracle was about to happen! Bethany walked through the doors with a serious eating disorder along with a serious problem with self-harm and an obsessive compulsive disorder. The thing I love so much about the Lord is that He totally takes our ashes and turns them into something beautiful. He has promised us in Isaiah 61:7 that for our former shame, He will give double honor. Dr. Bethany Solomon is now Dr. Bethany Schilling. That’s right – she got married just a few months ago to this wonderful godly man that she brought to meet me for my approval when they became serious in their relationship. I knew immediately that this guy was special, and I could see the love he had for Bethany. Beau and Bethany were married earlier this year, and from these pictures you can see that they are totally enjoying their life together. Just recently we received a $500 donation from them thanking Mercy for transforming Bethany’s life and for believing in her when no one else did. In Bethany’s own words, “Without Mercy I don’t know how this could have ever happened. I am so thankful to God for life, and I plan to use all the life that I have left to glorify Him and share the hope of the Gospel with the lost, broken and hurting people in this world. Beau and I will be lifetime supporters of this ministry, and I hope and pray that the amount we can sow will grow in time. I pray that the Lord blesses the hands of His servants at Mercy to keep shedding light and bringing treasures out of darkness by the resurrection power of Christ.”

Bethany’s words say it all. Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost and He came to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free. We celebrate Bethany’s freedom with her today and we celebrate the beautiful marriage of Bethany and Beau for a lifetime.

Thanks to all of our supporters for making this changed life possible!

Way to go, Dr. Bethany – WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

1 comments:

Ali Davis said...

CONGRATS, BETHANY!!

no amount of harm we do to ourselves is greater than the plans God has for us!!