Monday, October 25, 2010

Behind the Scenes with Nancy Alcorn…

Nancy’s Executive Assistant, Katelyn here. I often have the privilege of traveling with Nancy to many different churches and conferences where Nancy is speaking. I know that I have always wondered what pastors and ministry leaders are really like behind the scenes…and now I get the chance to work alongside a great leader in ministry. Honestly, one of my favorite “duties” in my job is getting to travel with Nancy. She is the real deal – the same in and out of the pulpit. Not only do we get to spend time with amazing leaders and pastors, but we also get to spend lots of time in airports and getting coffee! HA! :) I also make sure that Nancy is where she needs to be, when she needs to be there, and with coffee in hand. Even though I have been at Mercy for just over three years, every time I hear Nancy speak, I am inspired to continue to run with the vision of seeing lives transformed and hope restored.

I just returned from traveling with Nancy on a whirlwind tour to Chicago, St. Louis, and the Panhandle of Florida. Not only is traveling a break from the office, but it’s an amazing time to meet many of our Mercy supporters, graduates, and even encourage some girls who are considering applying to Mercy!!! It’s such a blessing to be a part of such a great ministry and serve an amazing leader!

0 comments: