Monday, October 18, 2010

Power-Packed Weekend in St. Louis!!!

I thought I would take some time on today’s blog to share with you about the great time I had in St. Louis this weekend. Not only did I get to speak at a Women’s Rally on Friday night, but all 30 of our St. Louis residents were in attendance, as well as our St. Louis staff! In addition, there were over 10 graduates there who came into town to participate in the Mercy 5K and Family Walk taking place on Saturday morning. Speaking of the fundraiser, the weather was absolutely perfect and we had double the number of participants this year, as well as double the money raised to help us to continue taking in young women free of charge. I thought you might enjoy seeing pictures from the Rally on Friday night, as well as the 5K run on Saturday morning.

I also had the privilege of speaking at Destiny Church with Pastors Jim and Jessica Stern, and Phil and Linda Stern. It was truly a blessed time, and it was so great to speak at the home church of our residents in St. Louis and to see how much they love the girls! I spoke in the Saturday night service and both Sunday morning services. It was truly a great family time for Mercy. I thought you would enjoy hearing about how awesome it all was! I hope your weekend was great as well!





Me and Pastor Jim Stern – so thankful for him and Jessica and
how they love on our residents!


Me sharing at the Women’s Rally


I always love getting to spend time connecting with the residents!


Me and all of the St. Louis girls!!




The starting line!





The Run for Mercy 5K is definitely a family friendly event!


1 comments:

Ali Davis said...

i'm so glad the mercy 5K event went to well! from the pictures, it looks like the weekend was great! love you, nancy!