Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Guest Blogger Selah Hirsch!

Hello! My name is Selah Hirsch and I am thrilled to be a guest on Nancy's blog! When I came on board with Mercy almost five years ago to join the development team, we realized there was a lot of work to be done sharing the vision of Mercy with our local communities. I always joke with those who know me that there is a reason I am not a counselor (we have such great ones!), but that I am called to be a part of an amazing team of people who have the privilege to connect with our donors, plan our local events and raise awareness and funding for the ministry. I believe that through our team we touch eternity by working to provide a place for girls to come free of charge to receive hope and healing.

This past weekend we had our annual Run for Mercy 5K and Family Walk in St. Louis which is my favorite event each year! Hundreds of people come out in the early morning to "get moving for Mercy", is how I like to describe it. I love to see the intense runners lining up at the start line, along with the families and strollers. Even some people brought their dogs! It is truly a beautiful representation of the community coming together to support Mercy!

I love what I do and I am so honored to be a part of God’s plan for the healing and restoration of young women. To read more about the race and see pictures click on this link St. Louis Run for Mercy 5K.

0 comments: