Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine’s Day in Vancouver…

Yesterday was such a fun day, but also a busy one. I did my Mercy Multiplied radio show yesterday morning, and quickly left the studio to come home and pack a bag to head to Vancouver. I arrived late last night, and it was my great joy to walk into the Mercy home this morning to surprise the girls for Valentine’s Day! I had the privilege of teaching class and encouraging each one of the young ladies in their journey. The home here is so special and so beautiful, and the staff are so awesome!!! Tomorrow we will have an official graduation ceremony as we graduate our first two Canadian residents. It is my joy and privilege to be here to share in this milestone moment. These two girls represent hundreds and even thousands of young women who will walk through these doors in the months and years ahead to receive their freedom. Thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of me with some of the residents in our home here in Canada.


Also, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a Happy Valentine’s Day!

1 comments:

Ocean Soul said...

Woooo Hoooo! It was 6 or 7 years ago when I listened to you and some of the graduates speak at the LifeWomen conference in Chandos Pattison Auditorium. Helen and John had it on their heart to open a Mercy Ministries home here in Canada and a love offering was taken, I was compelled by your testimony and God, to give money towards that vision. Little did I know that 7 years later my niece would be one of the first graduates in Canada! Thank you for everything you do, especially the obeying God part and starting Mercy Ministries! I am so excited for the hope and the new beginning that has been given to Sonja! Our God is crazy awesome and can do anything!!!