Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Breakthrough

I received this email a few minutes ago, and I just had to share it with you. On Tuesday, January 13th I did a blog called “Mercy Has A Voice” and I actually offered to send our issue related books free of charge to those who might be struggling with one of the issues named in the blog. I offered to send these free of charge to those who would write in and ask. Quite a few people have written in and requested books. Our goal is always to help people – not to make money. That is why I chose to offer the books free of charge to those who need them. This email that I just received is from one of those people. I will withhold her name to protect her identity, but I do want to share with you what she had to say.

Dear Nancy,

I just received a copy of your book Violated today, and for once in my life...for every time I have been abused... I feel acceptance from God despite it all. I can't tell you how much of a breakthrough that is. Even in the first few pages, I read and felt the Spirit say, "This is you. We're going to work through this. Listen to this truth, soak in it, don't run away." Thank you...thank you for giving me the chance to hope.

-Name withheld

The reason I am sharing this with you is because undoubtedly there are others of you out there who wanted to ask for one or more of the books, but either you didn’t follow through or you were afraid to hope. Please know that there is always hope. The worst case scenario is that you read it and it doesn’t help you. Then you’re still where you were and nothing’s lost. The best case scenario is that you will receive help from the truth that is being offered. If you’re out there and you still need help, I dare you to take the step today. Let me end this blog by sharing with you a verse in the Bible that has always been very encouraging to me and the people I share it with – Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, but to give you hope and a future.”

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Love,
Nancy

1 comments:

Girl of Mercy 91' said...

I have given these books to girls that I work with that have self harmed, eating disorders, struggle with addictions and been sexually abused and I can say from their reports your books have changed their lives. When they find themselves struggling they go and pick up the book and get what they need to walk in freedom that day. It is a process but the girls are really doing good. I appreciate your heart and your minstry Nancy and will continue to point girls to mercy because I am a witness that going there and going through the program is not only life changing but it is saving lives every day.. God bless you Nancy and Mercy Ministry Staff