Friday, April 17, 2009

Death Transformed into Life…

I never get tired of hearing how God literally pulls someone out of the pit and breathes life into them. Only in Christ can our past be totally forgiven and our slate wiped clean – a brand new beginning! It’s been over five years since Tiffany graduated, and the fruit of her life is evident. I hope her story in her own words will encourage you as much as it has encouraged me.

Hi Nancy! I am not sure if you remember me, but I graduated from Mercy in 2003. I just wanted to say thank you. If it wasn't for Mercy helping me get out of my "pit" and giving me the tools I needed, I do not know where I would be (or if I would be). Mercy showed me the unconditional love of God, and because of that Love, I now have the ability to love. Before Mercy, I was on anti depressants, and I could only cry through one eye...I know weird...the only emotion I really ever remember was anger/sadness. After Mercy, I was off my meds (after almost 10 years of being on some type of drug) and now I can cry and laugh because I am happy and blessed!!!)

After Mercy, I moved to Texas and started at a wonderful Christ-centered church. This is where I met my husband, and we were married in November of 2005. My husband said what drew me to him was my love for God. Never in a million years did I think that I would ever be blessed with a good Godly man. Mercy helped show me who I was in Christ and my husband saw that woman. I love that God blessed me with a man that doesn't see me or judge me for my past but he sees me with Christ’s eyes and loves me for who I was created to be, not who I was.

We now have two beautiful boys, Josiah and Kaleb, and we are expecting our third this summer. God has been so good to us! Yes, I have struggled some since leaving Mercy, but I always find myself drawn back into the unconditional love of Christ! I have learned that nothing is impossible with God, but everything is impossible WITHOUT Him!

I could go on and on about the goodness of God and the way He has transformed my life because of Mercy. He has been so GOOD to me!

Thank you, Nancy!

Tiffany

If you are out there in need of a lift, I hope Tiffany’s story will be the proof you need to know that God can transform anyone who will dare to turn their life over to Him. Have a great weekend!

Love,
Nancy

1 comments:

Kristin Stegent said...

Tiffany's my girl! She and I were at Mercy together and we are only an hour and a half away from eachother here in TX. We see eachother occasionally and definitely keep up. Yay, Tiff!