Friday, August 14, 2009

Do You Know My Mother?

Today I received an email from a 19 year old young lady whose subject of the email was listed as “Do you know my mother?” It is not uncommon for me to hear from many of the young women who have gone through Mercy many years ago. However, today I heard from someone that I have only seen one time in my life. I met her only once when she was a few days old. However, I knew her birthmother, Carla, quite well because she spent months with us in our first home in Louisiana. She was a beautiful baby, and Carla named her Stephanie. I only got to lay eyes on Stephanie once, but today I received an email from her that was so precious that I had to share it with you. Not only did she send me an email asking me if I remembered her mother, but she proceeded to tell me all about how great her mother is and how great her life has been. She also sent me a picture so that I could meet her little sister, Crystal, too! I could not resist sharing this with all of you so I asked for her permission and she got back to me very quickly granting me permission. I hope you are as blessed by this as I am.

God is all about reaching generations for His plan and purpose to be fulfilled. I thank God that Stephanie sent this to me, because she made my day. I also thank God that her birthmother, Carla, who chose life all those years ago – what a precious gift to the world! I could not resist showing off Carla and Stephanie, as well as Crystal. Thanks for sharing the joy! When God blesses you with something really cool, be sure to tell others about it because it is always encouraging…

Hi Nancy,

My name is Stephanie. I saw a commercial for Mercy on CTN the other day, and I remembered that’s where my momma went in 1989 when she was pregnant with me. Her name was Carla back then, and she was 16 years old. She went to your Mercy house in Monroe, Louisiana. I just wanted to get on here and say “Thank You.” Thank you for everything your organization has done for her, and for me. See, if she would not have gone to you then I would have never known her. You guys gave her the option to keep me in her life, and I’ve spent all 19 years of my life with her. I could not imagine not having my mother. I also wanted to thank you, because without you she would have not raised me to know God, and His love. I want you to know that all the girls that need Mercy are always in my prayers, as are you and your staff. You guys will always have a place in my momma's heart, as well as mine. God bless you and everything you do.... as well as all the girls you help.

- Stephanie

Stephanie pictured with her mom, Carla – don’t they look like sisters?!


Stephanie pictured with her siter, Crystal - What beautiful girls!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Nancy

P.S. – I am in France speaking through an interpreter and this was the very first thing I got to read when I landed this morning – how cool is that!?!




4 comments:

Carla Robidoux said...

Hi Nancy,

This is Carla, Stephanie's mom. I was so moved by Stephanie's email to you. She has turned out to be such a precious blessing, more than I could have ever imagined. Mercy Ministries totally changed my life. I was on a path of destruction before Mercy. I now have been married for 15 years and have two other daughters, Christina (14) and Crystal (11). I believe without Mercy in my life, I would not have the life I have now. I praise God for your work and dedication. I have not been faithful to God in my life but he has always been faithful to me. This ministry is such a blessing. Stephanie has recently come back to God and I'm so proud of her. Thank you Nancy, Mercy ministries, and most of all To God Be All The Glory.

Keep shining,
Carla Robidoux

Kristin Stegent said...

Very sweet!

France? I am jealous! That's where Ryan and I honeymooned. :)

Michelle :) said...

this gets the post of the year award- thanks for sharing Stephanie & Carla :)

Unknown said...

Thank God for His mercy and your ministry!