Friday, November 27, 2009

I Am Thankful for Changed Lives!

The thing that I am most thankful for is changed lives and fruit that comes out of what we do to try to help people. From time to time, I do free book offers for people who are struggling with issues such as cutting, self-harm, addictions, and sexual abuse, and need help. In July of this year, we offered our books free of charge to anyone who would write in and say that they were struggling with one of these issues and would like to receive a free copy of that particular book (or multiple books for those struggling with more than one of these issues). We heard from individuals all around the globe and one such lady who took advantage of that offer is from the United Kingdom. She just contacted me with the following testimony of how her life has been impacted from the books we sent her. PLEASE keep in mind that this young woman did not come to one of our Mercy homes, but she did apply the principles of freedom to her life and she is reaping the fruit of that decision. I received permission from Vicki to share both her story, as well as her before and after picture over the course of five months.

Hi Nancy,

Just writing from the UK to you to let you know how I am doing. I received a number of books from you back in July because I was struggling with an eating disorder and various different issues ranging from sexual abuse to self harm! I would like to thank you for the books you sent me as they have helped and encouraged me in such a big way. I've let down my guard and let God into my life. He is renewing my mind every single day and helping me to build new foundations! Since receiving your books back in July, I have gone from strength to strength and I'm on my way to overcoming my eating disorder. I still struggle occasionally but I can honestly say it’s not often. God has lifted an enormous weight off of my shoulders and I am now enjoying my life instead of hating it. I've enclosed a photo from 5 months ago and a present photo of me and my cousins – I’m on the far left and I think you will be able to see the difference!

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to you! You are such an inspiring woman of God and there are so many thankful young women all over the world who you've showed that there's more to life than living with hurt, pain, rejection, addictions, etc.! God is good!

God Bless you,

Vicki

Here is Vicki back in July - picture of her with blonde hair

Here is Vicki now (she has colored her hair and is on the far left)

Thanks Vicki for being so transparent, and for your willingness to share your story so that others can get the help they need. If you are out there struggling with one or more of these issues, I pray this story will encourage you to email me at nancy.alcorn@mercyministries.com and let me know which of the books you need to be able to receive in order to begin your journey to freedom and wholeness. We will be happy to send it to you at no charge. Remember that God is a God of steps and the first step is to reach out and ask for what is being offered. Like Vicki, it might change your life forever!!! Have a great weekend!

-Nancy

1 comments:

~Lisa, Scot, & Tim said...

What an awesome testimony! I love reading your blogs. Thanks for sharing Nancy. P.Steve told me that we are going to have the honor of a visit with you in January. I am so looking forward to it!!! I love you Nancy!