Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Am Thankful for People who Care!

I want you to know that I had an amazing day in St. Louis with many of our supporters and friends who are so behind the work of Mercy Ministries. We held a very special event at the St. Albans Country Club, which was extremely well attended. The feedback from that time together has been tremendous!

It was my great joy to have as our keynote speaker for the event Brenda Warner, New York Times best-selling author of the book "First Things First," and co-founder of First Things First Foundation with her husband, NFL great Kurt Warner, currently the quarterback of the Arizona Cardinals. Brenda gave so unselfishly of herself to speak on behalf of Mercy Ministries and she gave a bit of her personal story of overcoming tragedy and adversity. I was tremendously blessed by who Brenda is as a person, and the depth God has put in her heart to share with so many. Her passion and love for Christ is evident as well. I want to personally thank Brenda and all those who attended to make this event such a success. I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the pictures from our event, which featured art that was done by our St. Louis residents under the direction of Bert VanderMark, who is Founder of Visual Parables. The guests were given an opportunity to purchase these works of art and take them home with them, knowing that their support would go back to help the work of Mercy Ministries.

Me pictured with Brenda Warner

Me pictured with Lauri Tanner,
President and CEO of Ranken Jordan and Mercy supporter

Besides Brenda, one of the bright spots of the day for me was the fact that we had eight Mercy graduates in attendance, seven of which are pictured here.

I hope you enjoy the slideshow of some of the artwork, as well as the guests mingling and enjoying themselves.



I am SO VERY THANKFUL FOR ALL OF OUR SUPPORTERS. I want you to know that as we go into Thanksgiving, that my heart is so filled with thanksgiving FOR YOU!!! Have a great weekend!

0 comments: