Friday, February 12, 2010

Mercy Graduate Says “I Do”!

Since Valentine’s Day is this weekend, I wanted to share a great love story with you from one of our graduates…

Tabitha came to Mercy 5 years ago feeling alone, afraid, depressed, and ready to give up on life. While at Mercy, God did a tremendous work in her life, and in December of 2005, she graduated, having found freedom from bondage and purpose for her life.

I just received this update from Tabitha and couldn’t help but share it with you, especially on Valentine’s weekend!

Hi Nancy,

I have some exciting things to share with you that just took place! At 2:00 last Friday afternoon, I was married to the most wonderful man in the world! I was thinking about you and Mercy because I know that if I had not chosen to go into the program and do what was necessary for freedom from all the crap in my life, I would have died.

I got the call that I was accepted to Mercy in March of 2005. They told me at that time that I would probably have to wait several months. I told the person I talked to, “go ahead and put me on the waiting list, but I will most likely be dead by then.”

God had another plan. I graduated from Mercy in December of 2005. Of course, there have been some hard times since then, but I know I will never go back to my old life and I will never be the same – I know what it means to be free!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything. I would not have lived to see this day – my wedding day - if I had not chosen freedom and taken the steps of faith to enter the program and face my issues. My husband is so thankful for you and Mercy as well.

We had a small wedding at the court house, nothing big or fancy, but it was so great. I love you Nancy, and I am so thankful for you and your ministry.

Love always,

Tabitha
Tabitha and her husband Daniel currently live in Houston, TX. Tabitha plans to get her degree in Psychology or Social Work so that she can work with young women like herself and help them find the freedom she found at Mercy. God is truly the God of healing and restoration. Tabitha’s life is a perfect example, and we are so proud of her.

This Valentine’s Day weekend, whether you are single or married, dating someone or not, I want to remind you that love can be found and celebrated in many places – first and foremost in God, the Creator of real and perfect love. This weekend, I encourage you to focus on all the ways God’s love reaches your heart and life. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentines Day!

Much love to all,

Nancy

1 comments:

~Lisa, Scot, & Tim said...

Loved reading this. There are many many others with the same story. I'm one of them. I wouldn't be alive, married, have a child, or living for God today if it weren't for Mercy Ministries. I Praise God for Mercy Ministries and the change it made in my life and is making in so many others lives. I love you Nancy!