Monday, April 11, 2011

Cutters Are Being Set Free!!!

BREAKING NEWS…

I have so much to share about my amazing weekend at Crossroads Church with Pastors Jeff and Donna Ables and their amazing team. I will be posting a full web story and blog with pictures and more details later about my very special time there. Both the women’s conference and the four weekend services were such a great experience. I loved, loved, loved my time there, and I can’t wait to share more with you later this week! I will also be sharing with you how I was able to reconnect with five Mercy graduates from past years during my time in Lafayette. You will love hearing about all this, so stay tuned…

About a year ago, I offered free books on the subject of cutting. These books include testimonies from young women who have gone through the Mercy homes and have been set free from their desire to self-harm. We actually wrote Cut: Mercy for Self Harm as a way for people who are dealing with this issue to be able to receive freedom by reading the book and be delivered by applying God’s principles, and then Beyond Cut which is a follow up book with more testimonies. I just received a really cool testimony about one young women who experienced exactly what we had in mind and I wanted to share it with you…

Dear Nancy,

I wanted to send you a quick thank you note. Over a year ago, I left a comment on your blog asking about your books (I think I used a different name, I can’t remember). Thank you so much for sending me your Mercy For Self-Harm books, especially since going to a Mercy home wasn’t an option for me. I had unsuccessfully tried 3 different times to quit cutting, but I was never able to quit until I found freedom, hope, and a restored relationship with God through your books. Thanks to you, I’m 13 months free! I never really thought I’d be able to say that.

Love in Christ,

Allie


These books are powerful, and we would love to offer them to anyone who would like to make a request at nancy.alcorn@mercyministries.com. In addition, we also have issue-related books for issues such as sexual abuse, eating disorders and addictions. You may request any of the books that you have need of by emailing me personally. Remember that freedom is available for you, and we will keep your requests confidential.

0 comments: