Monday, April 18, 2011

Original Conference, New Friends, And A Rockin’ Church!!!

It was my great joy to be a part of the Original Women’s Conference in Rockford, IL this past Thursday through Saturday. I was so impressed with Pastors Jeremy and Jen DeWeerdt of Rockford First Church who are doing such a tremendous work in their city! These young pastors are reaching so many people of all ages, but especially the younger generation.

ME AND PASTORS JEREMY AND JEN

The conference was so much fun, and it was so cool to hear the other speakers as well including conference host, Jen Deweerdt, Lisa Bevere, Erin Campbell, and Lisa Yonke. I had the privilege of speaking at the closing session, and truly felt that I connected heart-to-heart with the women in attendance.

CONFERENCE HOST, JEN, ME, AND SPECIAL SPEAKER, LISA YONKE


After the closing of the conference, I had the privilege of speaking to the students in their leadership and ministry training program. What a great group of young people that are being raised up to do the work of the Kingdom with a pure heart and passion to serve.

IT WAS SO COOL TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO SHARE WITH THESE STUDENTS – THEY’RE AWESOME!!

I highly recommend Rockford First Church if you are ever anywhere near the Rockford area. In fact, it’s even worth the hour drive from Chicago to check this place out. These pastors are definitely servant leaders, and no matter what age you are, you can certainly learn from them – I KNOW I DID!!!

MY EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, KATELYN, AND ME WITH OUR AWESOME HOST AND DRIVER, KYNDAL!!! (THANKS FOR ALL THE STARBUCKS, KYNDAL! :) )

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy- It was an absolute honor to hear you speak, or should I say God speak through you! I also work in a restoration ministry, Cherry Street Mission Ministries in Toledo, Ohio, which will be coming to your Nashville home this June. I told them they are in for a treat! Can't wait to hear back from them all that they will take-away!