Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Great News!


Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to write about something that happened yesterday that made me really happy. So often, we can be really selfish and only get excited when something good happens for us, and we forget to do what the Word says, which is to rejoice when other people rejoice and to be happy when others are blessed. So today, instead of writing about something awesome that happened to me, I would love to write about something that I’m excited about that happened for one of our dear friends and supporters. My favorite Titans player is Kevin Mawae. Not only is he a tremendous football player, but he is a dear Christian brother who is such a strong witness for our Lord, Jesus Christ. Kevin and his beautiful wife Tracy are very close friends and very generous supporters of Mercy Ministries.

Yesterday it was announced that Kevin Mawae made the 2008 Pro Bowl roster!! He was the leading vote-getter on the AFC side at Center, and he will be a starter for the Pro Bowl game in Hawaii on February 8. This is Kevin’s 15th season in the NFL and this will be his 7th Pro Bowl appearance. In addition to Kevin’s accomplishments on the field, he was also voted off the field by his peers as the President of the NFL Player’s Association. His leadership both on the field and off the field has been exemplary and it is my joy to be able to call Kevin a friend. Even if you are a fan of another team, you can certainly rejoice that one of our brothers in the Lord has been honored in such a great way.

Kevin and Tracy, if you happen to be reading this, just know that we love you so much and are so proud of you!! Thanks for all you do not only for Mercy Ministries, but for our entire community.

Even as I am talking to you today, I am on my way to Louisiana to be with the girls and staff in our home there to celebrate Christmas. I always try to have one or two days that I can be in each of the homes before the actual day of Christmas comes. I always look forward to getting in the living room with each group of girls in each home and letting them tell me about what God has done in their lives and the things that they have overcome. It always makes me appreciate our Mercy staff at each home so very much. They are constantly laboring in love to provide the very best care and ministry that they can for the girls that God entrusts to us to care for. I just want to take this moment to give a big shout out to my staff and to brag on what amazing people they are and how they are so well equipped and well prepared, but most of all very dedicated to seeing lives transformed by the power of Christ. It is my joy to take a moment, 8 days before Christmas, to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very blessed time. For those of you, like me, who are single, I challenge you to make the very best of the time. I will talk more about that on another blog. Blessings to everyone.

Love,

Nancy

0 comments: