Monday, December 15, 2008

St. Louis Visit

Hey guys,

I am on my way to the Christmas party in St. Louis. I am so excited that we are going to be able to bless the girls with such a special night. Because of our wonderful supporters, we have so many surprises for them. I can’t wait to see their faces when they realize how much God loves them, and how much they are loved by so many people who support us!

As I am leaving to catch my flight, I just thought I would share with you a couple really touching Facebook messages I received over the weekend from former residents. The first one I want to share with you is from a beautiful girl who was in the home ten years ago facing an unplanned pregnancy. It has been almost ten years ago to the day that she gave birth to her son, which after much prayer, she decided to place for adoption. I wanted to share with you what has happened since, but I’d rather you hear it from her directly:

Nancy, How wonderful to see the new graduates! I can remember almost ten years ago this month when I was pregnant and facing an incredibly difficult decision to place my son for adoption. Mercy taught me strength. I think I might not have been able to make that decision had it not been for the incredible women on staff at Mercy. On December 23, 1998, I gave birth to a precious baby boy. But, what I did not know was that the loss I would experience was much less than what I would gain from following God's plan. Today, ten years later, I still have contact with Samuel and have an amazing friendship with His Mother, Wendy. I am blessed, and I want to thank you as I remember standing in the hospital preparing to discharge him to go home with the adoptive mother, Wendy. You joined our hands and prayed for us that our hearts would always be bonded. What you allowed us to do was to forever have a moment that would serve as a marker to always remind me that this was God's plan. Over the years, I have seen God's work unfold as I have been given opportunities to not only get to know Samuel, but to truly feel a part of their family. After leaving Mercy, I worked as a flight attendant, and through that career choice, met my wonderful husband. Today, we have a beautiful son, Jake. He has been a wonderful gift, and in some ways, I like to think my gift of Mercy. No matter the bad decisions and steps I have taken in life, somehow God always allows the detour that leads me back on the path of life! I am not only at total peace but I feel more wonderful than I ever have in my life. Thank you Nancy, always believing in your girls!Oh yeah, and I will graduate from the University of West Georgia in May 09!!! ....32 years old, but better late than never:)Bronwyn

Also, I received another great message from one of our Australia graduates – thought this would bless you too…

"Hi Nancy, I am a graduate from Sydney and I just want to say thank you so very much for making Mercy a possibility for girls like myself to be able to go to here in Australia, it has truly saved my life and given me a future. THANK YOU!" -Katelyn

I’ll talk to you more tomorrow, so don’t forget to check back!

Love,
Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds so amazing. thank u SO MUCH for your posts. my eating disorder has gotten me feeling suicidal & depressed, but reading your blog gives me hope. i check it religiously! thanks a lot nancy

above all else: Love said...

Hello Nancy,
I recently friended you on Facebook also and I wanted to let you know that I have kept Mercy Ministries close to my hearts & prayers.
I had been talking with E. Claybaker to work out an internship with your ministry. So far the ducks have lined up quite easliy for a girl who lives all the way in upstate New York. Recently the plan has been put on hold by my college, but I stay prayerful and I know God is faithful to his promises. If you have the time I encourage you to read my post,

http://kphil1.blogspot.com/2008/10/statement-of-faith.html

It was the letter I sent with my application to your ministry. Since it was written a few months ago, a recent prophecy reconfirming this calling and internship is not included in it yet.
I admire you, your hard work, and the the amazing team you have behind you and I hope to join you soon.
Thanks
Kerri Phillips
(Above all else:Love)