Friday, December 12, 2008

Nashville News


I meant to share this with you earlier this week, but time got away from me. I just wanted you to see a picture that I made with the six girls who graduated in Nashville this week. My heart was so touched as I listened to each girl share her story, trying to understand desperately the depths of pain that they have experienced in their young lives. If you want to know more about what each girl has overcome, click on the graduation story on our Mercy Ministries website at (link). Besides being so thrilled for these six girls who will now get to go on with their lives, I am also thrilled to know that because these six girls have graduated, that six more of the girls who were on our waiting list will now be able to come into the program and get the help that they so desperately need. Please keep these six girls in your prayers as they leave to go on to the next season of their lives, and also pray for the six new girls that will be coming in – that they will receive the freedom that they are seeking. God is faithful, and we are so honored to serve Him.

http://www.mercyministries.org/LearnMore/MercyNews/SixMoreLivesTransformed.aspx

Oh yeah, one more thing I want to share... I am so pumped that the Tennessee Titans, my favorite NFL team, are 12-1!! We have three games left in the regular season and then hopefully it’s all the way to the Super Bowl for us! Some of you may or may not know this, but the Head Coach for the Titans, Jeff Fisher, donates $10,000 to Mercy every time the Titans win a game. This year, these donations have been so timely the way the economy is to help us make up for some of what is lacking. We are so grateful!!

One more thing about the Titans – a couple of weeks ago, The Tennessean decided to track down the top four or five craziest Titans fan in the whole city so that they could do a feature story. Somebody told them about my very public and openly confessed obsession, so they gave me a call. Please click the link to see the picture of me and my dog, Jude, in Titans jerseys!! This picture was taken the break room at Mercy’s corporate headquarters, which is basically a room dedicated to their years of success and our relationship with them. The room is filled with tons of memorabilia and autographed jerseys, pictures, etc. Check it out. It’s pretty cool.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20081123/SPORTS01/81123006

Nancy

0 comments: