Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I wanted to take a moment to wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Today we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. How great is that!! I am so blessed that someone took the time to share Christ with me so that I could come to know Him in a personal way. Today we not only celebrate His birth, but we also celebrate the new life we have received in Christ. The truth is that God has adopted each and every one of us as His child. I am amazed and so very thankful to be in the family of God.

Speaking of adoption, I could not think of any better story to share with you on Christmas Day than this one. I just received this update from a Mercy Ministries Louisiana graduate from 1997. This is the first time I have heard from her in 11 years. I was so touched by her message hat I had to share this with you…

Hi Nancy!My name is Kris and I am a former Monroe Mercy resident. I received Christ as my Savior and my blessing in '97. I got an email today talking about your blog, and I found you on Facebook through that. I wanted to thank you for what has been done in my life through Mercy. When at the home, I was honored to be chosen by another friend there as a birth coach to her son that she gave up for adoption. It was the first time that God really introduced me to this blessing and really gave me a heart for it. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Carol (the friend) and Heartsoul (the boy she placed with another couple).
It is with great joy that my husband and I adopted our first son this summer! I see how God works everything to the good of those who love him according to His purposes. If not for Mercy, I would probably be dead. But through Christ, as a new creation, I am a happy MOTHER to a beautiful little boy. I am a darn good one too. :) Merry Christmas!-Kris


That says it all. I hope in the midst of the busyness, presents, family, and food that you will take the time to remember what this day is really all about as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Hope your day is wonderful.

Merry Christmas.

Nancy

0 comments: